Monday, March 1, 2010

Holi--- The festival of colours...

Significance of Holi
The festival of Holi can be regarded as a celebration of the Colors of Unity & Brotherhood - an opportunity to forget all differences and indulge in unadulterated fun.It has traditionally been celebrated in high spirit without any distinction of cast, creed, color, race, status or sex. It is one occasion when sprinkling colored powder ('gulal') or colored water on each other breaks all barriers of discrimination so that everyone looks the same and universal brotherhood is reaffirmed. This is one simple reason to participate in this colorful festival.

Holi is celebrated every year to remind people that those who love God shall be saved and they who torture the devotee of God shall be reduced to ashes a la the mythical character Holika...

Today the 1st March 2010 is the festival of colours...this year holi has been very special as for the first time my daughter Arushi has played holi with her dad and some children... it was amazing to see her enjoy the festival of colour, sprinkle gulal, play with water and color, the excitement in her eyes was unforgetable.. un imaginable so innocent.. This reminded me of my child hood days where i and my sister would go out and play colours along with our friends in the locality...it would be too muchfun... I did not have the chance to play as I had to rush to office... that's what made me little upset...but that did not take away from me the fulfillment of seeing arushi my daghter enjoy the festival with full pomp..
I wish that we soon forget all the differences and spread the message of peace and prosperity inspite of our colour, creed, religion..

No comments:

Post a Comment